Monthly, three-month or yearly memberships are available for individuals or organizations. Members must be 18 years of age or receive permission from the Fabrication Lab staff. Every member is also required to attend standard orientation and safety training prior to receiving 24-hour access to the space.
“The specialized equipment and resources at North Forge has given us the ability to make equipment and devices that were not possible before utilizing the Fabrication Lab.”
“North Forge has given the product development team at Barkman Concrete the opportunity and ability to create designs at a much more personal hands on level, allowing for our team to better understand advanced fabrication methods and become part of a larger design community.”
“The North Forge Fabrication Lab enabled me to start and run a diverse maker service business and have access to equipment I may never have had means to purchase myself. There is a great community of people to draw on for advice, ideas & experience. I only wished I had joined up sooner.”
“Accessing the woodshop at the North Forge Fabrication Lab has allowed me to grow my business and to do interesting work. Without having access to these machines I would probably have had to go into a lot of debt at the beginning of my business. There is also the advantage of being around other business owners for advice and support.”
“The Fabrication Lab enabled Solara to kick-start development of a new product that has now sold over $500K. The IoT lab provided us with special tools for concept development, 3D printers to build concept cases for our customers, and the information exchange with other members helped us use these tools and to find contract resources locally.”
- One-month individual membership: $150 for 30 days plus GST
- One-month business membership: $185 for 30 days plus GST for the first business member
- Additional business employees: $100 for 30 days when the initial member has paid the one-month membership fee. Up to five employees are eligible within the business membership
- Three-month individual membership: $400 for 90 days plus GST.
- Three-month business membership: $500 for 90 days for the first business member.
- Additional business employees: $200 for 90 days, when the initial member has paid the three-month membership. Up to five employees are eligible within the business membership
- Annual individual membership: $1,500 plus GST
- Annual Business Sponsorship: $2,000 plus GST for the firrst business employee. Includes your logo listed as a sponsor on our website.
- Additional business sponsorships are available for additional employees within your business at a reduced price. Contact Marney Stapley for details at 204-799-2033.
For organizations wishing to join for longer periods, North Forge is willing to work with you to find a fair member price for your commitment. If you are an innovation-driven company interested in becoming a sponsor or partner and using our great facility as a way to enhance your current production, check out our sponsorship opportunities.
Payments can be made via credit card or pre-authorized debit.
EVERY TUESDAY IS OPEN HOUSE
Take a tour and discover how Manitoba entrepreneurs are starting businesses using resources from the Fabrication Lab. See 3D printing, laser cutting, computer-controlled routing, plasma cutting, vacuum forming, and many other processes that can transform wood, plastic, steel, glass, fabric and more, into prototypes. Learn how you can transform your idea into a real product or business. Experienced members will be on hand to help you understand the equipment and explain what North Forge Fabrication Lab is all about. Every Tuesday night 6 pm 3rd Floor, 125 Adelaide Street.