Share your opportunities with Winnipeg's startup community.+
441 – 100 Innovation Drive
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 6G2• P: 204-262-6400
24 Aberdeen Avenue
Pinawa, Manitoba R0E 1L0 • P: 204-753-5170
3rd Floor, 125 Adelaide Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3A 0W4 • P: 204-799-2033
University College of the North
436-7th Street East, The Pas, Manitoba R9A 1M7
North Forge is hiring again! We are growing as we meet the needs of Manitobans across the province. We would love for you to be part of a dynamic team that is truly impacting our ecosystem.
Reporting to the CEO and working in close collaboration with the Program and Communications Manager and the Director of Programming, the Operations Specialist will provide overall administrative support and oversee operations. They will be the primary point of contact for North Forge to ensure smooth, efficient, and effective operations for the organization.
The work requires an experienced understanding of how an effective office should run. Success in this position includes efficient management of time, information, and email correspondence. Attention to detail is essential for the preparation and processing of various high level and often confidential documents. This position is part of a team and to serve the high-volume workloads the incumbent must be able to adapt and recognize areas and opportunities where they can assist their fellow team members. Strict deadlines and constantly changing priorities are inherent to this office and its business, there are frequent interruptions from telephone and visitors to the office, and as such the incumbent must exercise impeccable judgment when dealing with all stakeholders. Some of the most important requirements are the ability to work successfully under pressure, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and build productive relationships with others.
For the detailed job description, please email [email protected]
North Forge North (the project) addresses the next steps to the 2018 Economic Development Strategy and 2017 Look North Report and Action Plan (Look North Report). Specifically, North Forge Technology Exchange (North Forge), in partnership with industry, academia, and the economic development strategic partners, can answer an important portion of the Look North Report; engage communities and stakeholders in partnership to support economic diversification and development by enabling entrepreneurial opportunities and expanding existing expertise and investment.
This job includes establishing an incubator hub, fabrication lab, and network of mentors and local businesses, fostering business innovation; and enabling business diversification.
Over the course of the project, the Project Manager will need to communicate with UCN, North Forge, the Northern Entrepreneur-in-Residence, and clients, while making decisions and monitoring the progress of the project to keep it on schedule.
Essential duties and responsibilities for a Project Manager include:
Project Manager Characteristics
A Project Manager requires both hard and soft skills to excel in the position. To find a great Project Manager, consider including some of these common skills in your Project Manager job description:
Project Manager Requirements
We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated Marketing and Events Specialist to join our fast-growing team!
We are in the process of rolling out three new initiatives and we are looking for someone who wants to be a part of something exciting and new, someone who enjoys working with entrepreneurs and wants to grow our incubator/accelerator globally.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, a versatile creative writer, and a team player who lives in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
North Forge Technology Exchange is a hybrid incubator/accelerator and the innovation partner for the Province of Manitoba. We fuel Manitoba’s innovation economy providing founders with award-winning mentors, rockstar subject matter experts and a new four-stage Founders Program. We have helped over 60 companies access over 180 million dollars in financing and created hundreds of jobs. Armed with Canada’s largest non-profit fabrication lab, North Forge operates out of 27,000 square feet across Innovation Drive and Innovation Alley in Winnipeg, Canada.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
Marketing and Communications:
· Contribute to the development of new branding including documentation related to key North Forge initiatives in Winnipeg, Northern and rural Manitoba.
· Work collaboratively in the development of relevant content for the website, blog, and newsletter.
· Coordinate production of all marketing materials including copywriting and conceptualizing advertisements, prospectus/brochures, advertisement, and other campaigns.
· Design and execute a content strategy for social media platforms.
· Manage all social media channels and coordinate replies as needed.
· Develop and execute annual social media calendar of events, postings and paid social campaigns.
· Produce photo and video content for the social media channel.
· Perform monthly analytics as well as ongoing brand monitoring and reporting.
· Provides effective communications advice and support to North Forge and entrepreneurial initiatives.
· Participate in the planning and execution of various online events with assistance from the Program and Communications Manager.
· Liaising with speakers.
· Analyze events for effectiveness by identifying, evaluating, and reporting results and ROI to the team.
· Once all COVID restrictions are lifted, and with assistance from the Program and Communications Manager, this job will entail
o Planning, implementing, and follow-up for all in-person (internal and external) events from complex and large-scale events to smaller events. This will also include planning and organizing all pitch competitions and hackathons.
o Responsibilities include but are not limited to the coordination of events including event planning, ordering catering, managing registration, logistics, event contracts, on-site event management, assisting presenters with their A/V requirements, as well as assisting with the set-up, tear-down and clean up of North Forge events; including moving tables and chairs. The ideal candidate will be proactive in handling any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
Qualifications / Requirements:
· Post-secondary degree in business with a focus on Marketing or Communications is considered an asset.
· Three to five years of experience in marketing, with experience in digital marketing and online marketing strategies.
· Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing strategic communications, social media, and marketing programs/campaigns, which include effective creation and execution of large-scale projects and campaigns aimed at targeted audiences.
· Proficient with WordPress, InDesign, and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to learn and effectively use software and web-based tools such as Zoom, Eventbrite, HubSpot and others as required.
· Strong understanding of the web, email, and social media marketing and how to leverage related tools to strategic advantage.
· Experience with social analytics and monitoring tools.
· Proficient writing skills and storyteller, experience in writing blogs an asset.
· Strong eye for design and ability to provide creative direction.
· Experience with graphic design is an asset.
· Ability to work in a small team environment and demonstrate a collaborative teamwork attitude.
· Highly organized and ability to work on tight deadlines.
· Must be able to work in a multi-task, fast-paced environment that will also entail potential early morning, evenings, and weekend work once all COVID restrictions are lifted.
Why North Forge
· This is an opportunity to help rebuild something exciting and make a measurable impact in our province.
· We have competitive health and dental benefits.
· A standing desk, office, computer, and unlimited coffee will be provided.
· Free parking.
Application deadline: 2020-11-03
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, submit a cover letter, and resume to [email protected].
Carbon Lock Technologies Inc. is seeking to hire an engineering intern to help design, model, and refine our prototype technology.
Salary: $55,000 per annum
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba (close to U of M)
Type: Term position (6-months) with intention of permanent
Hours: 40-hours per week
Start date: ASAP
Company: Carbon Lock Technologies Inc. (https://carbonlock.ca)
Do you have autism spectrum disorder (ASD)/Asperger Syndrome and the skills and interest to
work in the tech sector? Do you find current job search and hiring processes difficult to
navigate? Level IT Up may be the right fit for you!
We are a social enterprise dedicated to increasing the employment of Manitobans with ASD in
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
Our goal is to provide a pool of trained and skilled personnel to companies within Winnipeg’s
information and communication
Join other like-minded entrepreneurs and business professionals to network and share stories. Arrive early to check out the Biz Alley which will consist of local companies showcasing their products and services.